Back Draft dampers open and close automatically.
Backdraft dampers (also called gravity dampers) allow airflow in one direction and prevent reverse airflow for use in exhaust or intake HVAC systems. Backdraft dampers can either be operated by gravity (where pressure or velocity opens and closes the damper) or motorized to open and close when required.
BDD-1: Rectangular Back Draft Damper
BDD-2: Circular Back Draft Damper
Back Draft dampers for gas fire extinguishing systems and transformer substations
- Air leakage with back pressure to EN 1751, class 4
- Maximum differential pressure: 5000 Pa
- Differential pressure can be adjusted from 50 – 1000 Pa (B > 600 mm: 600 Pa max.)
- Blades made of aluminium, casing made of galvanised steel
- Blades open when the maximum differential pressure is exceeded and close automatically when the pressure drops
- Robust, maintenance-free construction
- Available in standard sizes and many intermediate sizes
- Operating temperature 0 to 80 °C