Underground road and metro tunnels are some of the most difficult environments in the world. High humidity, dust-laden air, and limited access can make the installation and operation of ventilation systems problematic.
However, these issues become insignificant in the event of an emergency — the dampers and fans that make up the ventilation system simply must operate when lives are on the line. Gmcair tunnel specific dampers, the TD series, were designed to meet these challenges.
- For opening and closing smoke extract ducts
- Used in ventilation and smoke extract systems in underground transport systems
- Can also be used as shut-off dampers for fans
- Installation usually either above the roadway in an intermediate concrete ceiling or in the ventilation plant room
- Bespoke solutions upon request
- Certified construction and production according to ISO 9001
- Temperature resistance of 120 minutes at 400 °C
- Excellent low leakage performance even at high pressure
- Galvanised steel, powder-coated, or stainless steel construction
- Side seals made of sprung stainless steel compensate for the longitudinal expansion of the blades at high temperatures
- Parallel or opposed action blades
- Low pressure drop due to aerofoil blades
- With electric actuators encased in thermally insulated protective enclosures